Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Book #24 Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

Book #24 was a reread from several years ago. It's a sort of version of The Rules, but with an edge. The subtitle is "From Doormat to Dreamgirl--A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship."

When I went out to Vegas to visit Jessie after Brett had given me my diamond necklace and I was pretty sure I'd marry him, I read it while Jess was at work. Thought I'd make sure I kept him around. I did not get to put any of my new knowledge to use, however, because he picked me up at the airport, drove me home, carried my suitcase into the house and promptly dumped me.

I decided to read the book again more as a refresher course. I think that a lot of times women get complacent and we need to remember that there's a balance between independence and dependence on men. I'm happy to report that I've found my balance again. The book is all common sense stuff, and I think is written more for stalker-type women than normal chicks like myself (like, do I really need to be told not to call a guy 20 times in an evening?) but it's nice to see it in print, and to see things in different ways than I might have thought.

It's a good beach book, a good book to share with your girlfriends, but quality literature it ain't.

No comments: