Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

Christmas is :
goodwill and compassion
firelight and candlelight
a family time,
a time for worship.
It is the glow on a child's face,
but most of all
it is a story of love
which began centuries ago
and spread to all the world.

This was on a wall hanging that my mom cross-stitched and put above our fireplace when I was growing up. It is the simplest way I've ever seen to describe all that Christmas is and can be.

My best to all of you this holiday season. I hope that you spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day surrounded by loved ones and full of joy and happiness. Thank you for reading my words, whether you read them once or every day. Take care of yourselves and of each other, and remember that Christmas, for all of its commercialization and materialism, is ultimately a day that we gather to share love with one another.

No comments: