Pages

Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring break...please, I beg you.

Spring break is right around the corner, and it can't get here fast enough. This week was the longest in calendar history!! Fortunately, yesterday was an astoundingly good day. I stayed home for a "mental health" day, got caught up on some projects around the house, and then went to class.

We went to Grumpy's afterward. Rob came with us and over half the class came out. It was great to talk with people outside of the workshop. We talked about grad school and Rob said that he thinks I wouldn't have been happy at the U. He said that his impression was that I wanted to write short stories, and the U in particular is so academic and focused on literary theory and criticism that he thinks I may have ended up with less time to write than what I have now. Everyone has been so awesome about my rejection, saying exactly the right things at exactly the right times. If nothing else, this experience proved what amazing friends I have.

I have no updates on my future plans. Over spring break I need to sit down and really think about what my goals are. The novel is taking shape, although extremely preliminary, and I think I'm going to enjoy working on it this summer.

No comments: