Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

All over but the cryin'

Well, I signed up for the Urban Wildland half marathon today. Fuck. The heatwave has not helped my training schedule one bit, nor has my complete and utter lack of motivation, and my new obsession with how fat I seem to be getting.

Signing up today was important for a few reasons. First, a good friend of mine delivered a baby this morning (Happy Birthday, Henry!!) and there has been celebration all day. Second, I woke up to an email this morning from my college roommate that her mom passed away over the weekend from cancer. The dichotomy inside my brain as a result of these two events pushed me into action. I had to do something. Signing up for the half is my promise to myself that I will run, that I will continue to train, and that I'm not just all talk.

The half is August 4th--come and cheer me on!!

No comments: