Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

Reporting live from the planet Venus

Today was so oppressively hot I'm not sure that there are words in the English language (or any language, for that matter) to describe it. I was outside for all of 3 minutes, to walk to the mailbox and back, and other than that I stared at the phone, talked to Jodi, read Harry Potter, and napped. Last night was a late one--I stayed up until almost five a.m. writing.

I tried to run last night. I did 1.5 miles and worked on speed rather than distance. There was no chance of me running today. Tomorrow should be better, as the dewpoint is supposed to be back to an Earthly range.

Still waiting to hear on Mentor. Heather said that she doesn't think she knew at this time last year. I remember she told me at our final writing group session, which was in early August, so there could still be good news.

No comments: