Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Kanye, Kanye, Kanye

Kanye West seems to have forgotten the first rule of threats: make sure that the person/group you're threatening will be affected by whatever you're threatening them with. Kanye's going to withhold his presence from MTV? That'll show 'em. They sure need him much more than he needs them. Oh, wait, that's right. They're MTV. He's...who again? Maybe he should just hold his breath until they give him an award.

Yeah, he's gotten slighted performance-wise, but I guess that's what happens when you constantly throw hissy fits when you don't get your way.

Maybe the next time I get rejected from a literary journal I'll write back to them and say "I will never return to Glimmer Train / Paris Review / Zoetrope: All Story." I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: