Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow

Snot, of Puke and Snot, is dead.

I'm totally stunned.

I last saw their show up in Grand Marais back in...probably 2004. Over the 4th of July. They were there totally unexpectedly, and I was up there on a retreat getting a guy out of my system. I've seen them many, many times over the years, the first time being in 1990 when I was a freshman in high school.

I'm really bummed about this. Mark Sieve, Puke, says that he will continue the show, that Penn Gillette of Penn and Teller said that's what he should do, and it'll be a totally awesome way to remember Joe Kudla. I'm really glad that "the show will go on" because it should--but it won't ever be quite the same. The Renn Fest opens in three days...I hope the turnout to Sieve's first show without Kudla is enormous--a real tribute to a man who brought laughs to hundreds of thousands of people over the course of the last 35 years.

RIP, Snot.

No comments: