Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Waiting to Exhale

Today was the last day of school until January 5th, and as I drove home today and started to unwind, I realized that I inhaled sometime in September and have yet to exhale that breath.

My physical therapist is at a loss with me...it's a good thing she likes me or she'd probably give up completely. They've started doing acupuncture as another technique to try to relax my muscles, which are, literally, always tense. I don't notice it as much day to day as I do when I finally get some time to stop running around.

These next few weeks I'm going to relax. I need to calm my life, my spirit, and my mind so that when I start things back up in January and the craziness comes back full force, I'll be more equipped to handle it than I am now. Pretty much, this break is a "rebuilding season."

To that end, I have a huge list of things to do, of course. What? You can't expect me to change overnight...

No comments: