Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Okay, enough with the "_____ looks."

No, that's not an obscenity blank...it's a fill in, with "concerned" or "knowing" or "amused."

People have been exchanging looks with one another about me, directly in front of me, for several weeks now. Whether it's about my future career as a funeral director or about this man that I'm sort of-kind of-maybe-almost-sort of seeing, the looks are flying. I'm done with the looks.

Friend Jenn said yesterday while we were at lunch that it's pretty rude for my friends to be exchanging looks right in front of me; she said if they were concerned that they should be verbal about it. "Use your words", right? I don't think it's rude, I guess...I know that looks of concern are more about the concern than the look, but that doesn't stop me from being somewhat aggravated. I mean, do they think that I'm not seeing the look? I am. And, well, it's a slow news day so I thought I'd share my annoyance.

That is all.

No comments: