Pages

Saturday, July 04, 2009

AND, she teaches yoga!

After a week of settling in at the yoga studio, I've officially gotten myself a few classes. I'm teaching at the Minnetonka CorePower on Mondays at 1:30 and at the Uptown CorePower on Thursdays at 2pm. I'm also subbing for several classes this next week--the first of which is today.

I feel like I should be *insanely* nervous about teaching today. But, the truth is, this is what I've been waiting for. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I wanted to teach yoga since January--sometimes it's what I want to do for a full time career, other days I decide that it's just going to be a good way to deepen my practice. Clearly, though, as Lisa once told me, I'm "being called to teach." Again. Called to teach English, called to teach yoga...apparently, no matter how I slice it, I'm a teacher.

When I teach today, it'll be just like my first day back in Montgomery ten years ago. When I stood in front of the room without a cooperating teacher or a supervisor. The responsibility is all mine. It's nerve wracking, sure, but it's also my next step. I have to get through the nerves, get through the unknown, and step through to the other side.

So, if you want to come keep me company on Mondays and/or Thursdays, please do!! CorePower offers a free week of unlimited yoga when you make your initial visit. It's a generous offer and I guarantee your mind and body will thank you!

No comments: