Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mmmmm...Sundays....

Sunday is just an awesome day. Isn't it? And the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend is, perhaps, the best Sunday of all (well, second to the first Sunday of summer vacation, that is).

Today I began my day by screaming "NO!!!"--like that was literally the first word out of my mouth, and it was, literally, a scream. See, I woke up at 7:34am. My first thought was that it was Saturday morning and I was 4 minutes late to my yoga class which is a 20 minute drive from my house. Then my brain said "No, girl, it's Sunday!" And I went back to sleep :-) Taught my 10:30 class (on time, thank you), then went to Minneapolis to sub a C1. There were 11 fabulous students in the class I subbed, and since it's not a studio I usually teach at, they were all new to me. 'Twas lovely.

Tonight I went to a surprise party for one of my mentors, Otto. She's retiring this year, so alumni from speech and theater came to celebrate her. I saw former students going all the way back to my first year of teaching, and it was really inspiring to hear how much Otto impacted them. Should give me nice energy to get through these last two weeks of school.

No comments: