Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I'm not complaining, but... (a commentary on MN weather)

Today it was 63 degrees out.  Balmy.  I walked out of work without a jacket, without shivering, and without, as is more typical in March, needing to watch my footing like a mountaineer as I get to my car.

It was brilliant.

But, I don't really feel like I have the right to complain about "how cold its been."  It hasn't been cold.  We've had no snow.  It's been a winter's worth of October out there, and no amount of Minnesota-style complaining will change that.  People can say all they want that it's been "so freezing" and winter is "so long," but the truth is, we've been ridiculously lucky this year.

Of course, I would be lying if I said that today was typical.  Or unwelcome.  Or not the greatest day in ages.  I should have gone out for a run or grilled something.  But, frankly, it was enough to just let my skin be exposed to the fresh air.  Except....I've been able to do that all winter.

This Minnesotan is just plumb confused about what to say about the weather.  And if a Minnesotan can't talk about the weather, well, that right there will silence quite a few of us.

No comments: