Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Freedom, sweet freedom!

Today was the conclusion of the 2011-12 school year.  Last night I poked myself in the face with an ice spear from my freezer, which is the clearest indicator ever that I need summer here pronto!

This year's end is rife with change and charged with emotion.  At the risk of being accused of being coy, I'll not say a whole ton about why that is just yet, except to say that this upcoming school year will be different; what has yet to be determined is the degree of difference.  I'm always excited to end a school year--it's the period at the end of a sentence, and, so, I'm required to start a new statement!

This summer I'll be teaching summer school.  I also have aspirations to buy a house.  And spend a ton of time with people that I've been getting to know better over the last year.  I'd also like to clean out my garage, sell half of what I own, and start an herb garden.  And, of course, yoga.  Always with the yoga.

In the next few days I'll be presenting y'all with a list of summer plans/goals.  Rest assured, it'll be a good list.  This is, after all the year of saying "yes." So far? So good.

No comments: