Pages

Monday, August 06, 2012

Books I'm currently reading

Because I'm not reading Facebook status updates 24 hours a day, I've rediscovered my freedom to read, you know, actual books.  Brilliant.  Here are a few whose pages I'm turning these days:




I totally dig Augusten Burroughs.  Friend A introduced me to him a few years ago, and this book arrived in my life at the perfect time.  I'm reading it slowly, savoring each chapter/essay, and I know I'll go back and read it again when I'm done.  If you've read Burroughs before, you're asking yourself (as I did), "Um, Augusten Burroughs giving advice? Are you serious?" Read the book.  The guy has some seriously profound offerings gleaned from his life of trauma.  You won't be disappointed.


I know, it's shocking. I've actually read this before--I've read the first 3 books of the Dark Tower series...but I've never read books 4-7 and, if I'm going to call myself a King fan, this is a serious hole in my fandom.  So, I'm starting the series over again and, as always, loving it.


Written by a good friend of mine (and I will never tire of saying that!), I'm ashamed that I'm just now getting to read this amazing book.  My only justification is that I wanted to read it during the summer when I would be able to do so uninterrupted.  It's totally delivering as promised--amazing characters (the kind where you find yourself thinking about them during the day and then you're all 'oh, that's right, she's from that book I'm reading...'), great story....totally lovely. 

So, that's on my plate right now.  What are you reading??

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey, Kelly!
I'm reading "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and "Gone Girl."

I also have a yoga-type question for you...I'm going to see if you have a "contact me" link on your blog :)

Jessica