Pages

Monday, September 05, 2005

Control Freak

I am one, which is why I hate to fly, why I've had issues with men, jobs, eating, and anything else you can imagine that has to do with being in control of situations.

When I feel out of control in one aspect of my life, everything else falls apart. It's like I look at the rest of my life and overcontrol those parts. My most common method of control is to not do anything, to say "you don't need to get done, task, I'll do you when I'm good and ready." A perfect example is my blog. I haven't been writing much lately because right now there's one thing in my life that's out of my control. This is a bad time because everything else is going really well. Writing, great; teaching, fine for the most part; relationships, great friends. But the one thing (and don't worry, it's not drugs or alcohol or anything that's bad for me) will eventually start to spill over. So I have to decide what to do about it.

No comments: