Pages

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Storms

There have been so many lately, it seems, literal and figurative. Tonight it stormed early, about 12 hours ago, but there's been steady lightning ever since. We went to the drive in and watched a triple feature as well as the lightning storm. I love watching the sky light up, cracks across the clouds. Nature is so amazing. This beauty in contrast, of course, to New Orleans and Biloxi.

A friend of mine is in a bad spot now, and it's been on my mind a lot for the last few days. So much, in fact, that it's causing my silence here. My friend's situation is all I seem to be able to think about, and it's not anything that can be posted here. I think about writing about my day, or about random thoughts, but my friend is the center of my day and the subject of most of my thoughts, random or otherwise. The fact that we're unable to communicate right now as well is tearing at my heart.

The rain has started again, pounding hard against my windows and I should go to sleep but I'm not tired. I think I'll curl up with Stephanie Plum for the evening. She's my speed.

Oh, by the way, this is the saddest article I've read in a long time. New Orleans Left to the Dead and Dying.

No comments: