Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Doubly Blessed

I woke up this morning and checked the snowfall...very pretty outside, a few inches, nothing big. Jumped in the shower and when I got out and went to get dressed, I saw that my cell phone light was on...a message. A message that said school was 2 hours late. Blessing number one. I fell back on my bed in glee and said a prayer to the gods of procrastination for giving me these extra hours. Then I trundled myself off to school to work in silence until the kids arrived at 9:30.

Blessing number two was my assistant director's brainstorm to cancel rehearsals this afternoon, meaning I got to go home at a reasonable hour. I've been trying not to waste this time and use it instead to get caught up on the HUGE backlog of grading I have to do. Truly, the pile is getting to be almost a foot high. No good.

Some people want money, fame, or even good health and wellbeing to themselves and others...me, I'm content with a two hour late start and an early end to my day.

1 comment:

buck said...

good call on the early afternoon. not a day to be on the roads. best o' luck on that pile of grading. yikes!