Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Internet-less

Where'd the week go???

Anyway, on Saturday morning (okay, and afternoon) I indulged myself in hours of guilt free Sims2. Normally reserved for summer vacation, I decided that I had earned some time to mindlessly run other peoples' lives. I knew I would pay for it later, time that should have been spent grading papers would still have to be spent. Turns out, I'm paying for it dearly due to downloading the Sims2 patch and said patch crashing my laptop. I tried to get it back to normal. I did everything, including sitting it down and having a heart to heart with it, but to no avail. So, I had to spend Sunday, Monday, and the first part of Tuesday sans internet.

What did I learn?

That I'm completely too dependent on the world wide web. There's absolutely no excuse for the amount of time I spend online either checking my email, playing games, or "researching" information I'll never remember much less use for any life-enhancing purpose.

So, the computer will be fixed, it's just a baby so it'll mend, and in the meantime I'm getting back to my non-web roots.

No comments: