Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The crap soldiers on...

2271 words so far on the story. It started to take a tiny bit of shape today in the form of me going back and yanking out some of the stuff that was true garbage. I know it won't be amazing or even close to that, but I think that considering it's the first fresh thing I've written in 9 months I'm happy. It is definitely something I'll keep working on.

And with the week I've had, I'm a touch surprised I can put sentences togther. I actually think that the story has worked on a different level for me; I've been looking forwad to writing to get that escape that I think a lot of authors search for to get away from their traumas. My three best stories have come out of angst, and I don't think that's an accident. There's something about being able to create your own world where all the rules are fair and you can hang out with all the people you love and only bring in the people you don't like when you feel like it. All while doing this, you're accomplishing something, which is getting the written word down on paper.

I think about once a year I fall in love with writing pretty hard (of course last year it was twice, but I had a lot of catching up to do) and it's fabulous when it happens!

No comments: