Pages

Thursday, July 06, 2006

How being thirty is affecting my summer eating

I have always, for my whole life, eaten pretty much whatever I wanted without having a weight problem. This is due to the fact that "pretty much whatever I wanted" was defined as white rice, popcorn, and plain pasta noodles without sauce.

But now, like today, I want a pizza. I want a green olive pizza from Papa Murphy's with maybe some pepperoni. ABut yesterday I had chinese food for dinner and a bacon cheeseburger for lunch. I also had a cheeseburger on the 4th of July (okay, I had two), and every time I look down at my stomach I'm wishing that I wasn't thirty, because a month ago I was still eating whatever I wanted and now I feel like if I had any discipline at all I'd probably have an eating disorder.

Part of me wants the pizza (well, all of me wants the pizza, but...) and says that I can have pizza sometimes, it isn't like all I eat is pizza. Another part of me says that I should just eat a salad. But will a salad satisfy me? Only if it's a pizza salad.

Hmmm. The quandries of my summer are overwhelming.

No comments: