Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2006

maintenance

Right now I'm in a state of maintenance and repair. There have been quite few things happen in the last month that have never happened before, or haven't happened for a long time, so I'm needing to dust off my coping skills. I'm as happy and blessed and good as always, but there are various things that are trying to rain on my parade and so a lot of my energy is going to make sure that doesn't happen.

Does anyone who reads this work at Barnes and Noble? Or Borders? I'm wondering how much they pay. The whole teaching thing is really starting to press me the wrong way. I always said that when I was really REALLY done teaching I would get out. I don't want to be one of those teachers that hates her job, that hates kids, and that all the kids (and other teachers) say 'Christ, why doesn't she just find a different job?' I think I want to go to part time, and then get another job. A job where I'm not personally responsible for the future.

So while I'm maintaining, I'm job hunting. But not actively. Yikes. I need to go eat a pizza.

1 comment:

buck said...

well, today's news isn't much better, is it? i wonder how many teachers are struggling right now? i think you're absolutely right to consider carefully what you need to do to be happy. maybe now is the time for that MFA? :)