Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Book #28 Invisible by Pete Hautman

I selected Invisible by Pete Hautman this past Friday night after hearing him read in Minneapolis. He said that the character Shin from Godless (another fabulous book) kept trying to be the main character so he took Shin, changed him a bit, and made him the main character in Invisible.

Invisible is a super quick read but it's deep, moving, and absolutely fantastic. There are 37 chapters and it was on Chapter 30 that I had an earthshattering revalation, one that made perfect sense and I could believe I hadn't seen it before....but I was wrong. There was a revalation, just not the one that I thought it was. I love it when that happens.

Hautman is a brilliant writer, and I adore him even more now that I've met him. He's down to earth, funny as hell, and very personable. I bought several of his books, so expect more reports from them by the end of the year!

No comments: