Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Book #33 Cell by Stephen King

Well, I began the year with King so it only makes sense that he is the author of my last read of the year. I made it a third of the way through my goal, 100 books in 12 months. I read 33 books in 11 months. I'm stopping this year's book plan early so that I can start fresh on Jan 1.

Anway, Cell. Cell was a good read, but incredibly "plotted." Much moreso than King's other works of late, which have been primarily character driven. It's a modern version of The Stand, although more pop culture than epic.

Without saying too much, I liked it but found it to be not up to King's normal writing talent, although the gore level was certainly pronounced. I would probably not have read it but for my allegiance to King. It was a good read, but definitely a beach book.

So ends the reading plan of 2006!!

No comments: