Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Home Again and the plan for New Year's Eve

The trip to Winona was a raging success. Jessie loved her gifts, Patrick looked adorable in his new outfits, and we had an absolute blast the whole time. I'm so glad that she moved back to Minnesota.

New Year's Eve is my night to reboot. I plan out my routine for the year in terms of resolutions, break in my new journal, and reflect on the year that is passing. I create my annual CD (or playlist, for this year), and spend the evening doing whatever I want to do. I don't rush, I don't go out, I don't answer the phone if I don't want to, and when the ball drops I retire to bed and wake up fresh in the next year.

Every time I've tried to stray from this plan and go to a party or to a bar, calamity ensues. It's never a good decision. Whether I'm dating or not, with a group of friends at a house or a bar, it's always a disaster when I leave my house on New Year's Eve, so, rather than tempt the fates (especially this year), I'm staying put at my fortress.

No comments: