Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Book Plan 2007 and the first book of the year

Well, Book Plan 2006 was a marginal success at best, but fortunately I'm stubborn enough that marginal success is enough for me. So, without further ado, I give you Book Plan, 2007.

This year I'm going to reattempt my 100 books in a calendar year, but, because I don't want to duplicate last year's plan completely, I'm adding in a Survivor-style "twist." This year I plan to read books in for different categories, breaking down as follows:

25 young adult novels

25 adult fiction novels

25 non fiction books

25 short story collections

Ideally I'll keep the groups pretty evenly paced, but my prediction is that I'll end up reading a lot of short story collections by the end of the year. Oh well.

The first book of the year falls into the first category. I just finished the fourth Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This book was significantly longer than the previous HP books, but I didn't find as much repetition as people had led me to believe would occur. I did actually cry during parts of this book, because I'm really getting attached to the little rascal. That and I kind of wish I had a magic wand.

One down, ninety-nine to go.

No comments: