Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Um, ow.

Today was my first Monday workout. I exercised last week Wednesday through Friday and, while I struggled a bit with the cardio workout on the treadmill at level 5, I did it. Today Joe came to keep me company because I forgot my ipod (well, okay, he was planning to work out too) and I discovered that talking while working out is fucking hard. "They" say that if you can't have a conversation while running then you're running too fast. Joe and I carried on a conversation, but it definitely cut about 3 minutes off my workout.

I've decided I'm going to do a MWF treadmill workout, and Tue/Thurs/Sat/Sun aerobics. That's 20-30 minutes of exercise per day, all of which can be modified to a higher or lower level of difficulty depending on my energy.

The Diet Coke rationing is going well--I've not had more than two cans a day since last Tuesday, and I've been drinking at least as many ounces of water as of DC. That's not great, I should drink more, but it's an improvement.

Tomorrow is aerobics, and I need to definitely buy a sports bra. My girls are bouncing around way too much for a high school weight room.

2 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Good for you, Kelly! This is great stuff.

I used to be SUCH a diet coke (or diet mountain dew) addict. I would have one first thing in the morning and drink it all day long. Now I drink one or two a year. Gave them up and drink water instead. I must say that my stomach feels so much better for it--rarely get that bloated feeling and I'm much better for not having as much caffeine in my system. Still, it's a hard one to cut back on!!! If you find you miss the carbonation, you might try flavored (non caloric, no sodium) selzter water.

Kelly said...

I really don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I expected massive withdrawl but I've been drinking a lot more juice and water, so it's going well!