Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Who Knew...

I thought I might actually have to work to come up with stuff to talk about every single day on my blog for NaBloPoMo...but that was before my school district went to hell in a handbasket.

Today my superintendent announced that he is resigning from his job at the end of this school year. The reason is, primarily, because the good voters of our community put a former employee (who had been fired for insubordination and inappropriate boundaries with students) onto the school board on Tuesday.

It's not enough of a shakeup that we lose our principal, that we started this year with three out of four new administrators in our school, now we have to endure the tremendous change of a new superintendent as well.

I have a lot of opinions about the fired person who is now on the school board, but I'm going to keep them to myself. I've always been very careful about keeping my job and my blog separate, about talking only about teaching in a general sense and never naming students/staff/etc. (Unlike certain people just elected to the school board who befriended hundreds of students on his myspace page while in his capacity as a school employee) and I intend to keep it that way. But, my job is going to undergo a major upheaval very soon...and not just because of Operation: DBH.

No comments: