Pages

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ahh, Discipline...how I miss thee...

I have never been what one would call extremely motivated. I'm not power-hungry or cut throat. In fact, I prefer to do a perfectly average job at most all tasks, doing neither significantly more or less than what is required.

But even I am appalled at my lack of motivation and energy this weekend. It's like my body knows what's coming up next week so it served me up an extra dose of sloth. I did clean some rooms in the house, cooked dinner, read a bit....but that's it. I talked to, I think, two people. I didn't grade anything. No running, no exercise.

I'm the biggest slacker in the world. I've got my anatomy/phys book sitting here in front of me...thought it might be a good idea to read the first chapter before next week. Of course, it's been sitting here since 10:00am. Unopened.

Hopefully at some point in the next seven days, I'll find a bottle of discipline and drain the thing. Otherwise this whole "school" business could very well end in disaster.

No comments: