Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Serindipity and all that

Tonight I watched 'Conversation(s) With Other Women' staring my beloved Helena Bonham Carter. I do so adore her, more and more every time I see her.

The movie is about two exes who run into each other at a wedding and briefly flirt with returning to the past. The whole thing is about age, loss of opportunity, regret, experience and maturity.

So I log into my email and there's a message from a guy I went to high school with...who was always in love with my best friend who was always unavailable to him. And I crushed on him my entire freshman and sophomore years...junior year too, when I went to prom with his best friend and he went with mine. We had a smashing time.

And he's married now and lives in another state and that's totally fine because I do not live in the movies. Thank God. But, still, it's an interesting thing to wonder--how many different people I've known in my life and how many paths I turned away from either by choice or because they weren't options to me.

No comments: