Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A sunday afternoon rant

I hate my accounting class more than I've ever hated anything in my life. And, as many of you know, I've hated some things pretty deeply from time to time.
I'll spare you the details and summarize my issue thusly:

I hate spending three hours on an accounting problem that's worth one point. I hate that while working the problem, I can only see half the screen at a time, even when it's in full screen mode and everything is pushed out as far as it can go. I hate that, while I get three chances to do a problem, the numbers change each time so it's really never the same problem. Finally, I hate that when all is said and done, and I've worked the problem four times over three hours, I end up with 0.99 out of 1 because the final number I entered was 5,500 instead of 5,550.

I am not a fan of online classes. I'm not enjoying the fact that my professor is getting paid when it's the computer assigns the problems, corrects them, and gives me a grade. I had no idea how important it was for me to connect an instructor's face with a class. I'm going to ignore the completely snippy email she sent out that she didn't even sign her name to or put any type of a salutation, even though that's how we in polite society work things. That won't be hard, considering that though there are opportunities for her to put comments in each of our assignments, she has written nothing for the 55 problems I've done. Not so much as a "good job" for the 54.99 points I've earned out of those 55 problems.

So, I'll keep working on this stuff, but I'm not going to like it, even though I've always loved accounting. I refuse to like it this time. So there.

No comments: