Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Day 5 of Detox/Cleansing

Well, seems that I'm still alive after five days of no popcorn, no pizza, no fried food, no Chinese food, no diet coke, no coffee, and no french fries. No milk, no cheese, no steak, no chips. No pretty much anything that I normally eat.

Instead, I'm finishing day 3 of "fruit only." On Thursday when I was beginning FO, I couldn't imagine that I would make it through. And, truth be told, I didn't. I cheated a few times--I ate a package and a half of saltine crackers over my three FO days. I don't feel bad--I figure this was the first time I did a cleanse and I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it the whole seven days. Though it's not done yet, I am through the toughest part. Tomorrow I can have some chicken and bread/rice. Then, on Tuesday, I could technically go back to "normal."

What have I learned so far?
1. I'm really not that big on fruit.
2. I love watermelon.
3. I don't need caffeine to survive (so long as there's an endless supply of fruit sugar at my disposal, that is).
4. It's very, very hard for me to not eat popcorn.
5. There are certain times of day where I will eat anything that is put in front of me.
6. Sugar isn't hard for me to miss--salt is.

There are a few more things I'll probably comment on when this is all done, but that's it for now.

Baron Baptiste said that as I began the fruit part I would start to feel "lighter". I wasn't sure what he meant by this, but now I think I understand. It's not a lightness that can really be defined...except as maybe "cellular lightness." I really feel sort of an all-over increase in energy that I wouldn't have expected. So, yay!

Two days and counting...

1 comment:

Leah said...

Good for you! :)

I never did a detox, but there was about a month or so where I ate extremely healthy and took lots of vitamins. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenation, no preservatives, nothing bleached, and when I ate fruit I ate it with nuts (that's what you're supposed to do with fruit because it balances out the blood sugar spike), unsalted.

And I felt so, so good. I know exactly what you're talking about with the "lightness."