Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Trying to meld new and old

So, this last week has been one of trying to acclimate my new self back into my old self's life. I guess it's inaccurate to say "new" and "old." Rather, the "new" me is a pared down, simplified version of the "old" me. I'm more calm, less negative, simplified, more on pace.

My house, on the other hand, is busy, cluttered, and full. Exactly how I used to be--so not how I am now. I've been trying to think of ways to declutter the place. Short of burning it all down and starting from scratch, I'm not coming up with anything.

Part of the problem is that I still have a lot of attachments to things--to my stuff, of course, but also to the feeling that I will, someday, miss my stuff.

I want to live my yogic life...a life of clean, cleansed, calm order. I know it'll take time, and I've already gotten started. But, I also really kinda want it right now. Because I'm not completely new.

No comments: