Pages

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Cleaning out my closets, v. 2.0

I've decided that I need to start over with my clothing cleanse, part of Operation: 50%. I've been angsty about this all week for no good reason. Every time I wake up I look into my closet, say "ugh, there's nothing in here" and cast a longing glance toward my overflowing "cleanse" pile and sigh. I then, mind you, proceed to get dressed. Yep, that's right--in spite of having "nothing" in my closet, I haven't gone naked even one day this week. I think, though I'm not sure I want to admit it, that means I did it right the first time.

But, just to be safe, I'm going to redo the clothing cleanse. When I first went through, I don't think I prioritized quite correctly. Also, though it will be difficult, I think I need to have all of my laundry done so that I'm not trying to count (and keep) clothes that are only in my mind and not on the bed (where I do my sorting).

I'll start tomorrow, exactly one week after I started the last time. Tonight is do-the-laundry night.

Wish me luck...I'm going into battle here and the only survivors will be 213 pieces of clothing, Gatsby, and, hopefully, me.

No comments: