Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The closet is done--for real this time!

After my first trip through the closet (pics to be posted at a later time), I finished exhausted and nauseated. The pile of clothes I was supposed to get rid of was so huge, the keep pile so small, I felt like I was getting rid of 75% and keeping 25%. Big bummer. That was three weeks ago.

Since then, I've still managed to clothe myself every day. I haven't once had to dig back through the "cleanse" pile. And, as I was putting things away, I came across clothes that I knew I could get rid of. When I first started the cleanse the first time, 213 things seemed like A LOT, so I wasn't as strict in the first 100 items. Hindsight being what it is, I knew I'd need to go through the whole lot a second time.

For whatever reason, this time I counted 416 items (rather than 426), meaning I probably miscounted the first time. So, I could keep 208. And.....I'm there!! :-)

Like I said, I'll post some pics of the before and after. Next I'll be moving through my purses...then it's on to the kitchen!

No comments: