Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

The bedroom is finished! Some lessons and the updated plan...


Beautiful, isn't it?

This is the meditation space I was able to create from finally removing 50% of my clothing from my bedroom. It's funny--right now the room looks very uneven--half is clean and minimalist, the other is still cluttered from other non-clothing "stuff". Though I will not be going through the rest of the bedroom in 50% mode, I will be removing everything that doesn't belong in the bedroom (books, writing stuff, dog stuff, etc.) and putting it all with its companions for 50%-ing.

So what did I learn from going through my clothes?

1. My clothing is the biggest illustration that I spent most of my 20s trying to figure out who I wanted to be when I grew up.

2. I think I've figured out who I am, but it's hard to tell because I've held onto all that experimental 20s clutter for, well, four years too long.

3. Everything is replaceable.

Based on the lag time from where I started my clothes to when I actually finished them (almost a month!!), I decided I need to put an endpoint/deadline on this little project of mine. So, my deadline is one year from when I began: July 30, 2011. If I finish earlier (which I would love to do) great. But, I will close this journey out in no more than one year's time.

It's possible--probable--that I'll be moving into a new house before that deadline. It's my hope that the move will accelerate the cleanse.

And, in other news, I am so digging on cucumber water. Refreshing, yummy, mmmmmmm.

No comments: