Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wasting time

I wonder how much time I waste in a day.

I'm sitting here, watching TV and, yes, stalking Facebook. I have to leave to go to a meeting in 50 minutes. My psych book is sitting open next to me, and I'm thinking "Eh, I don't really have time to read much."

Really? I couldn't get 50 minutes of reading done? Better to play Bejeweled Blitz and drool over Adam Richman (Man v. Food marathon) for 50 minutes? And, I wonder how many times in a day I make the decision that 5, 10, 30 minutes isn't enough to do something, so I don't do it.

Tomorrow it's back to school...I need to become the queen of time management.

2 comments:

Cherylboomerblog said...

As a retired English teacher, I can relate.
My new book, my memoir of 40 years of public school teaching, will be published next month. Called CLASS DISMISSED, it'll be available on Amazon.com.

God luck on the new school year!

Kelly said...

I will check this out for sure! The people in my department always talk about how we're all going to write books someday about teaching in the public school...nice to know someone has actually done it! :-)