Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I can totally make it one more day...

Christmas break 2010 is nearly upon us! Eleven days of total freedom (that always ends up being soaked up with all manner of craziness and flies by before I know it) and bliss! I'm in a good position with grading--no major essays--and planning. I do have to read Huck Finn again, which is unfortunate. I'm not sure there's a book I'd less rather read over break, but, alas, it must be done.

There will be lots and lots of yoga, lots of reading, and I'm going to do my free week at The Firm in Minneapolis. I'm going to do some house hunting, and maybe sub a few yoga classes. I will also, of course, nap lots and veg out in front of the People's Court whenever possible. Gatsby won't have to attack me to try to keep me from leaving the house in the morning.

'twill be a very merry christmas indeed!!

2 comments:

TT. said...

What?! You don't want to reread one of the Great American Novels of all time? Try the "complete" version published by, I think, the University of California (I believe Half-Price Books has a bunch of pristine remaindered copies right now). It has some really fascinating additions to the text. And then reward yourself by also reading Finn, by Jon Clinch, probably THE Great American Novel of the past decade. Happy holidays!

Kelly said...

Oh lord, there a "complete" version? *shudder* I do own Finn, though, and wanted to reread Huck before I read it. I'm sure I'll like it more now--the last time I read it was the first time I had to teach it ten years ago. My tastes have improved in several areas over the last decade... ;-)
And a Merry Christmas to you as well!