Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Beginning of Birthday Awesomeness

Last night was the official kickoff to Birthday 36, which will make its arrival on Monday.  Amy and I went to dinner at a place where they have a car--an Escalade, no less--that will come pick you up then drop you back home again.  What does that spell? Unlimited wine consumption!! Huzzah!  We ate, drank, celebrated my birthday and celebrated her new job.  Then the Escalade picked us back up and we headed back to her place for more wine and dessert.  We talked until too late, then trundled off to bed.  This morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and bagels---perfect hangover cure.

I went to the last practice of my 35th year at noon, and I focused today on moving with total intention.  Every movement I considered before I made it.  It slowed my practice down quite a bit and I couldn't do everything, but it was such an interesting experience.  After class I didn't want to leave my mat...felt so amazingly peaceful and lucky.

Tonight the celebration will continue with another friend and probably another dinner.  I love birthday weeks :-)

No comments: