Pages

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Day 3 without Facebook

Well, I have yet to have a seizure, but if I said it was easy to stay away from Facebook, I'd be a big liar.  It's not that I can't function or anything--in fact, I've accomplished more in the last 3 days than I probably have all summer.  And it is serving its purpose.  I'm avoiding a lot of false security in relationship that I know I'd be wallowing in this week.  And, I don't miss anyone.  These people who I would talk to non-stop are suddenly "out there," accessible by email but not at the instant a thought pops into my head.  And, no one has died for me not being able to update my status with any of my random thoughts.

In fact, being forced to hear my own random thoughts without commentary, analysis, humor or disparaging has led to me doing quite a bit of thinking.  And writing.  Yep, this girl has actually laid pen to paper again for the first time since becoming a Facebook addict.  Fascinating.

I'm still planning to go back to FB at some point, but for right now I'm enjoying reading books, writing, and thinking again.  Kind of nifty.

No comments: