Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Closing out 2012

I didn't have a lot to say this year, apparently.  Except for that I did, actually, have a lot to say--I just didn't say it here.  I said it all on stupid Facebook.  So, for the new year, one of my goals is to get my ass back here where I belong. To my own space.  I've redecorated and spruced up the place, and I'm looking forward to a fresh start.

Tonight is the last day of 2012.  In my traditional fashion, I'm at home with Gatsby.  Tonight we drank champagne, ate fried rice (home made, of course), and contemplated what 2013 will look like.  So far, I don't really feel like I have a good handle on it.  I know I want to read more, write more, and be more social.  I know that at least part of my year will be spent in California.  I know I want yoga to be a bigger part of what I do.  And, I know that I want to continue to exercise and be healthy.  But as to the specifics of how all of that is going to take place?  Well.....there, I got nothing for you.

But, the nice thing about change and growth is that it isn't set on a timeline.  I don't need to have the year planned out tonight.  The only thing I need to do tonight is drink champagne and be grateful that I survived 2012.  Not even just survived....I became a better person in 2012.

Tomorrow I will plan and nest in my space.  I have the materials for a vision board, though who knows if that will take shape.  And, as always, there's the grading.  Ahhh, the grading.

Happy New Year to you and yours! Here's to living tonight in the moment--and big plans for 2013.

No comments: