Pages

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Changing from self-help to management

A few weeks ago I bought out the self-help section at Barnes and Noble.  This week, we've moved onto management and leadership.  At workshops this week, we had an amazing speaker come work with us on establishing a PLC (Professional Learning Community) at our building.  He and I shared an energetic connection---lots of eye contact, he knew I was listening and fully engaged, and I was--I was hanging on his every word.  I told a friend listening to him was like ice cream.  

That, combined with a video another friend showed me from Simon Sinek (another brilliant motivational speaker type), has amped up my interest in management. Leadership.  Sales.  Bettering myself.  Thinking, as Simon says, about the "why" more than the "how" or the "what."  

I'm making a shift up in here, people.  Focusing a little more on what the next 10 years are going to look like for me.  I floated through my 20s (who doesn't, right?) and spent the first part of my 30s trying to figure out what the hell was going on in life.  Now, though I still don't know what's going on, I've got myself a plan. 

From the looks of it, that plan involves a lot of reading.  

No comments: