Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

An open letter to my boyfriend, Breaking Bad

My dearest,

I love you.  I'll just come right out and say it.  We met out of the blue, connected by chance through a mutual friend, and, though it took me until our third date to see how perfect we were for each other, my love for you is deep and true.

I love how real you are.  Unapologetic.  You're not afraid to be just who you are, even when it's really, really ugly.  You make me laugh, you make me cry...you surprise me in unbelievable ways every time we're together.  This honesty you possess has made me revisit how I see characterization, plot, the intertwining of storylines, assumptions, and everything else I used to play with in my own writing.  You have, in your amazing way, allowed me to revisit one of my true passions.  And, if that's not love, I don't know what is.

But, things have been changing.  I'm sensing an end to our....well, relationship just seems like too pedestrian a word. Is it true?  According to my calendar, you're leaving me.  And, I have to tell you, I'm pretty pissed off about it.  Who do you think you are, that you can come into my life and turn my world upside down and then just leave as though you were never here?  What am I supposed to do with my nights?  Who am I supposed to turn to for inspiration, for the unique companionship only you can provide?

Whatever, BB.  There will be another.  You weren't the first, and you won't be the last.  Even though I expected our connection to endure so much longer, I will be grateful for what you've given me.  You haven't left me much of a choice, I guess.  And, even though we may never see each other again after just a few more short months, know that I will never, ever forget you.

Love,
Kelly

No comments: