Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What I Need, Day One

What I need is a hard core vacation. I know, I know, Belize wasn't enough for me or what? But since I came home I've needed time away from work, time to process, to adjust to the new person I am since that experience. So today begins that process.

I did work today...7am arrived at school for a day of workshops. Workshops are hit and miss. Sometimes they're tolerable, sometimes I want to literally poke holes in my eyeballs with splinters. Today was a good day. I got home at about 3:30 and began phase 2.

Phase 2 was to begin The Purge.

The Purge is my attempt to clean my house, to get rid of the things that are out of place, to decrease the clutter. I'm something of a pack rat. Not grossly, I clean and try to stay somewhat organized, but I do have a problem letting go of things. When I was in Belize I saw first hand how little I actually need to be happy. How I can live without 90% of the possessions I have that, previously, I didn't think I could live without.

So, I tried to clean for about two hours. I was moderately successful, but I got overwhelmed pretty quickly. I need to formulate a plan.

Tomorrow Erica and I are going shopping. I'm going to try to spend within my means (which isn't much right now!) and not use the credit cards. Friday is the Full-On Purge Day. Then a phone call to the charity that does pick ups and I should be good to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love getting rid of stuff, I'm sooo not a pack rat, at all, I do have an over abundance of food however, two full freezers, two fridges, but...I'm a great believer in getting rid of things, I bring something in, something goes out, I give to every place that picks up and they phone me on a regular basis, they love me, it's mutual. It feels good to get rid of it, it's like unwanted weight..or whatever..xoxo