Pages

Monday, February 06, 2006

Are they f-ing kidding??

So, our school district has decided to change the start times for schools next year. As it is now, high school starts at 7:35 (ungodly) and elementary school starts at, like, 9:00 (like real people). In the proposal for changing start times, they said they wanted to keep the high school as close to 7:50 (fairly reasonable, a lot more reasonable than 7:35) and not have the little brats waiting outside in the dark (whatever. I had to wait outside in the dark; didn't hurt me any) and minimize bus trips to save $$.
So, the brilliant plan they came up with is to start the high school at

7:20am.

So now the teenagers can sleep through all of first hour instead of just part of it. And don't think that starting fifteen minutes earlier means we're getting out earlier, which might (MIGHT) make it somewhat tolerable, no, we're adding five minutes on. So now the day is 7:35-2:05, next fall it will be 7:20-2:10. Could someone explain to me how 7:20 is anywhere near 7:50? Cause I'd really like to know.

Oh, and by the way, if you think that I'm mary sunshine at 7:35, you should see me at 7:20. It's a sight to behold.

No comments: