Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 1 of Operation: Lower Blood Pressure

Since Hottie Doctor Goodwin told me yesterday that I have inadvertantly stepped onto the path of my mom, grandma, great-grandma and further back than that, I decided to dive right in. I usually plan things to death until I get bored with them. I love to plan; I'm not so hot on the action. But, with my health at risk, I'm all about the action.

Here is the list of what I did today to better my health:

1. Ate Smart Start for breakfast

2. Skipped my mid-morning visit to the Focus area fridge/snack cabinets

3. Drank only two cans of diet coke

4. Drank four bottles of water

5. Worked out for twenty minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical

6. Did NOT stop at Chipotle on the way home

7. Made popcorn and left the butter off

8. Finished my ninth day without smoking

So I'm pretty happy. The changes aren't really that major and I don't know if they'll help at all, but at least I feel like I'm doing something about it.

No comments: