Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Back home in the comfy red chair

Seattle was absolutely fantastic. Here are the highlights, in no particular order:

--> Getting my ass completely kicked by my 76 year old great uncle in a run around GreenLake. Seriously kicked. He had cancer, too. He did not need to stop around the lake--I did. He kept up a pace of 8:30 mile. I did not. When we finished my lungs were making noises independent of my breathing, and I'm pretty sure I could have coughed up blood if asked.

--> Meeting and remeeting my seven cousins, ranging in age from 49 to 38. I'm closest to Maureen, who I stayed with, but I also got to see Kathleen and Colleen, who I remember from when I was a kid, and Pat, Mike, Tim and Kevin, and their combined 22 children. It was such a difference for me being with this huge family. So much love. Very cool.

--> Seeing Maureen's daughter, Nikki, do her Irish dancing. Maureen and Colleen were both international competitors in their days, and Nikki is so talented.

--> Flying, successfully, for the first time in almost two years. There was some minor hyperventilation on the way there, but the flights both ways were so smooth I couldn't have asked for better.

I think that's it for now. I did make one more decision that is pretty important but I'm not going to say anything about quite yet since the idea is still in its planning stages. More on it later, for sure.

No comments: