Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

The half-marathon playlist

Okay, so with 27 days until the half marathon, I put together a potential playlist. With my pacing as it is, I figure I'll need about 2.6 hours of music from start to finish, so I'm going to give myself three hours of tunes.

Below I've posted the tentative list. It's almost 4 hours of music listed, but I know that some of the songs will get removed. Keep in mind that some of the songs were chosen for the beat, some for the lyrics, and some because I have particular memories associated with them that make me smile.

1. Accidentally In Love (Counting Crows)
2. Alive (Pearl Jam)
3. Almost (Bowling for Soup)
4. Always the Last to Know (Del Amitri)
5. Around the World Remix (ATC)
6. Bad Touch (Bloodhound Gang)
7. Black Betty (Ram Jam)
8. Blue (Eiffel 65)
9. Bubbly (Colbie Caillat)
10. Buddy Holly (Weezer)
11. Calling All Nations (INXS)
12. Chicago (Sufjan Stevens)
13. Chicago To String Remix by Jongalloway (Sufjan Stevens)
14. Coin-Operated Boy (The Dresden Dolls)
15. Devil's Dance Floor (Flogging Molly)
16. Devil Inside (INXS)
17. Every You Every Me (Placebo)
18. Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Tears for Fears)
19. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
20. Fat Bottomed Girls (Queen)
21. Float On (Modest Mouse)
22. Freedom (Wham!)
23. Good Things (The BoDeans)
24. Head Over Heels (The Go-Go's)
25. Hollaback Girl (Gwen Stefani)
26. I'll Be your Shelter (Taylor Dayne)
27. I Go to Extremes (Billy Joel and Elton John, live)
28. Leather (Tori Amos)
29. The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts (Sufjan Stevens)
30. Morning Train (Sheena Easton)
31. Movin' Out [Anthony's Song] (Billy Joel)
32. My Doorbell (The White Stripes)
33. My Sharona (The Knack)
34. New Age Girl (Deadeye Dick)
35. Out Tonight (Rent)
36. Passionate Kisses (Lucinda Williams)
37. People Are People (Depeche Mode)
38. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us (Sufjan Stevens)
39. Puttin' on the Ritz (Taco)
40. Raspberry Beret (Prince)
41. Sexbomb (Tom Jones)
42. She Bangs (Ricky Martin)
43. The Shoop Shoop Song (Cher)
44. Take a Chance on Me (ABBA)
45. They Don't Know (Tracey Ullman)
46. Thong Song (Sisqo)
47. Turn the Beat Around (Gloria Estefan)
48. Under Pressure (Queen)
49. Vertigo (U2)
50. We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel, live)
51. We Will Rock You (Queen)
52. What's Up? (4 Non Blondes)
53. What You Own (Rent)
54. When I'm Alone (Carbon Leaf)

No comments: