Welcome to 2009! So far, so good...at least from my end of things.
Every year I struggle with resolutions, so this year I'm putting them out there publicly. Feel free to call me on my behavior if I drop the ball on these at any time. In fact, I think a little policing might do me a world of good.
I've broken up my resolutions into two categories: personal and writing. I want (read: desperately need) to get back into a writing routine, so I'm really going to push that this year. But, I'm going to do it differently than I have in the past--no writing classes. This year it's all about actually writing and getting the shit sent out.
1. Do not spend more than I earn
2. Keep house clean
3. Complete yoga teacher training
4. Make a decision about mortuary science (apply this year or next?)
5. Run at least three times a week
6. Run a half-marathon
7. Do yoga five times a week
8. Once a month, fill at least one bag to give to charity or consignment
9. Keep my weight where it is--maximum
1. Send out five submissions a month
2. Write one story a month
3. Journal at least three times a week (in a hard copy--not blogging...though I'll blog like a fiend
4. Read six books on craft
5. Read 26 books (either fiction or non-fiction...this will lead into Book Plan 2009)
Sounds like a lot, right? But that's okay...I can totally do it.