Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have a confession...

Okay...so, we're a few weeks into 2010. In spite of a few down minutes/hours, I'm still digging hard core on 2010. But, I've been living a lie and I need to come clean.

I didn't make any resolutions. I said I would, then I said I had, and I did spend a lot of time thinking about what they might be if I wrote some down, but I stopped shy of the writing. So, I am resolutionless for the first time in my life (or, I guess, for the first time since I knew that resolutions existed).

There. Now you know my secret. And, to be honest, not having resolutions has left me feeling a little aimless. A little bit free-floating. Not a horrible thing, but I'm not exactly comfortable with it.

But... I've also been thinking about why we make resolutions. And, I'm wondering if sometimes this "Jan 1" businesses leads us to start to be overly critical of ourselves and seek out improvements where maybe none are needed. Oh, sure, we can always tweak a thing or two, but why do I always feel like I need a massive overhaul every year? I don't. I'm just fine. And I was just fine as I began last year too.

So, though I'm left feeling a little lost and a little unsure, I'm starting to come to terms with my lack of my normal 12 resolutions (one for each month). I accomplished a ton last year--and I plan to do the same this year. We'll see how it goes :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was my 1st time for resolution read other peoples blogs make mine better than ever.
Sooo, hello and cheers!