Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Kitten-Sittin'!

I'm a closet cat person.  I know, don't tell Gatsby.  I love him too--especially his feline tendencies. But, since I already have the dog and the chinchilla, I'm not so much allowed to invite a cat into the mix.  So, when my friend goes out of town, I jump at the chance to kitten-sit.  That's how I'm spending this week.

Friend lives downtown, so this week is as near to a vacation as I'm going to get this summer.  I chill here, get in touch with my inner Carrie Bradshaw, and enjoy life without a television (but non-stop Breaking Bad on my Netflix streaming....let's not get crazy her.)  I also give myself full permission to eat nothing but popcorn and drink non-diet soda.  So there.

I'm puttering through my self-help library this week as well, and trying to get a plan together for going back to work.  I'm committed to trying to live life a little more like the animals in my life...a little more chill, suave, go-with-the-flow, enjoying my people, and not stressing about the future or things I can't do anything about.  I'm also hoping that this commitment lasts longer than two weeks.  We'll see!

No comments: